Between seasons, you might want to consider an air conditioning tune-up.
Hot, sweltering days are not far behind and knowing your air conditioning system is running at peak performance before you start it up is a good idea. There are a few things the homeowner can check before you get it going again. Sitting idle during winter months can cause some problems that we often don’t think about. Here’s a few tips that you can do to prepare for warm days ahead:
- Check around the air conditioner for leaves and debris. Remove any trash near the unit that could block airflow.
- Check your filter and make sure a clean filter is in place. Dirty filters restrict airflow and make your unit work harder than it should.
- Look at any drain lines or drain pans. Lines should be clear for a free flow of moisture. Clogged lines can back up and cause serious problems.
These are a few things you can do to perform your own air conditioning tune-up. There are also things we can check to ensure a problem-free summer. Our technicians at ABS can:
- Check your thermostat for proper calibration. Improper calibration wastes energy dollars.
- Look at the unit for possible refrigerant leaks. Even a tiny leak can cause a big loss in efficiency.
- Inspect evaporator and condenser coils and clean if needed. Dirty components cannot operate at their peak level.
- Lubricate moving parts if needed. Friction slows down your unit and eats up energy.
- Examine electrical components and connections.
- Check for any ductwork leaks or other issues with your home’s ducts.
Getting a thorough air conditioning tune up now will get your cooling season off to a better start. Call us at ABS today to schedule your air conditioning tune up before the season gets into full swing. Save yourself energy costs and any surprises by knowing you are ready for another Florida summer.